Copper Peptide is a complex of copper ions and peptides. It naturally occurs in the form of GHK–Cu — copper (II) complex of glycyl–L–histidyl–L–lysine tripeptide. In addition to blood plasma, it can be also found in saliva and urine. Inside a body, copper peptides perform several critical functions that are as follows:
- Catalyze the process of wound healing, both in humans and animals
- Attract immune cells
- Antioxidant properties
- Anti–inflammatory effects
- Collagen activation
- Promote growth of blood vessels
- Gene expression modulation to a healthier state
These days, copper peptides are also produced artificially, known as synthetic GHK–Cu. It is mainly used in cosmetics as a regenerative and anti–aging agent.
Benefits of Copper Peptides:
Owing to the clinically proven skin– and hair–related benefits of GKH–Cu, synthetic copper peptide is widely used in cosmetics and skin care products around the globe. Below discussed are some of the general and remedial benefits of copper peptide products:
- Anti–Wrinkle and Anti–Aging Benefits of GHK–Cu: With the normal process of aging, the concentration of naturally occurring copper peptides decrease in the body. The low concentration of GHK–Cu can be easily seen on the skin in the form of dull appearance as well as wrinkles. Moreover, factors like pollutants and exposure to sun further intensify the condition; thereby leading to the occurrence of such symptoms even before age. In conjunction with vitamin C, copper peptide encourages the growth of elastin and collagen and thus, helps in skin replenishment and nourishment, and brings back the youthful glow to the skin. Additionally, it promotes the production of superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme that fights against free radicals — a major contributor to early aging.
- Copper Peptides help in collagen production in the body, which supports the structure and the flexibility of the skin. It removes the dead collagen tissues from the skin and helps in the production of collagen and skin rejuvenation.
- Copper peptides encourage the growth of glycosaminoglycans — a type of carbohydrate, which helps in the maintenance of skin moisture. Copper peptide creams and moisturizers can be used to replenish dry skin.
- Acne Scars Treatment: Many hormonal changes occur until a child attains the age of puberty. These changes result in common skin problems like acne. Although acne and pimples can be cured with many medicated and skin care products, they usually leave marks on the face. Nevertheless, with the application of proper copper peptide skin care products, one can easily get rid of these scars. Copper Peptides provide a proper amount of copper required for a wound to heal without leaving scars.
- Copper Peptide in Hair Loss Treatment: Especially in males, hair fall is a very common problem these days. After a certain age, hair roots become weak and tend to fall even before than expected age. Since our skin and hair are made up of same tissues, copper peptide plays the similar role in replenishing the hair and maintenance its general health. A range of copper peptide hair products is extensively used in hair loss treatment and after hair transplants.
Apart from the skin and hair–related benefits of copper peptides, recent research has also shown evidence of its efficacy in DNA repair, nerve regeneration and as an anti–cancerous agent.
CAS NUM: 49557-75-7
INCI Name: Distilled water, glycerin, propylene glycol, copper tripeptide-1
pH Range: 3.5 – 5.5
Colour & Appearance: blue liquid
Grade: Cosmetic Grade
Recommended Usage: 1-3%
Solubility: Soluble in water
Mixing Method: final mix The temperature of cosmetics must be below 40 °C Please carefully study the contraindications in the warning above before use. The formulation must have a pH in the range of 4.5-7.4. or lower will lower the stability of Copper Peptide
Melting Temperature: Avoid heat above 40C
Application:Can be used in all Anti-Aging products such as in the form of gel, serum, lotion or cream.
Country of Origin: USA
Precaution: Do not include Disodium EDTA in the formulation as Disodium EDTA binds Copper ions and makes Copper Peptide less powerful. The use of GHK-Cu in the treatment of acne scars Only helps with acne scars that are not yet old If the age is longer than 3 months, please do Derma Roller or Micro Needle together with the use of GHK-Cu. Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practice. Avoid contact with the skin and eyes.
Packaging: Our Oils/Liquids are packaged in airtight plastic containers (Bottles) to avoid spillage.
Recommended Storage:This Oil/Liquid should be stored in cool temperatures away from direct sunlight and moisture in an airtight container. (Current Lot will expire: 09-2025)
DISCLAIMER: All SOPHIX NATURAL PRODUCTS are for external use only unless otherwise STATED. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.