Guar Gum Powder is obtained by grinding the seed tissue of the Guar plant’s beans, which are also called Cluster Beans and Siam Beans. The resultant natural gum is a polysaccharide that is commonly added to cosmetic formulations to emulsify and stabilize them, to act as a suspending agent, and to enhance the thickness of their consistencies, which also helps adjust their textures.
With emulsifying properties, Guar Gum combines equally well with both solids and liquids, helping to contribute thickness and fluffiness to a formula, thereby changing them into pastes.
it must first be hydrated with water of any temperature (cool, room temperature, warm, hot)
Guar Gum functions as a(n):
- Whitening agent
Characteristics of Guar Gum Powder:
- Increase product viscosity
- Lubricate and improve product glide on the skin.
- Prevent water loss
- Prevent the loss of any other liquid from a gel formulation (known as “syneresis”)
- Suspend solid particles.
- Extend product shelf life.
- Condition hair and skin for improved suppleness
- Improve hair manageability by reducing tangling in both wet and dry strands
- Restore the skin’s natural moisture
- Soften the skin to reduce irritation, cracking, and peeling
- Lift and remove dirt
- Soothe skin
- Hydrate the hair and scalp to protect against dryness
- Prevent frizz, create a protective layer against environmental pollutants, reduce static electricity
- Prevent a buildup of polymers in hair
CAS NUM: 9000-30-0
INCI Name: Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba (Guar) Gum.
Colour & Appearance: White powder
Stable in pH range: 5-9
Grade: Cosmetic grade
Recommended Usage: 0.1% – 2%
Mixing Method: Should be added into the water (water-phase) of formulation. Gradually add water in a small amount. Begin by churning water with a high-shear mixer and pouring the gum in slowly until it is fully incorporated into the vortex.
Compatibility: Works well with most ingredients.
Solubility: Beige to tan granular powder
Application: Conditioner, Body wash, Bar soap, Liquid Soaps, Lotions and creams, Shampoos, Conditioners,Shave cream and gel,Face Masks, Shaving Products, Face Masks, Shaving Products, etc.
Country of Origin: India
Packaging: Our powders are packed in water proof zip lock pouches avoid spillage.
Precaution: Any product made with guar gum needs a preservative such as grapefruit extract, Geogard , etc.
Recommended Storage: Our powders should be stored in cool temperatures away from direct sunlight and moisture in an airtight container. (Current Lot will expire: 10-2024)
DISCLAIMER: All SOPHIX NATURAL PRODUCTS are for external use only unless otherwise STATED. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.