Camella Sinensis Leaf Extract (Tea Polyphenol Palmitate) or Polyphenols (Green Tea Extract) are plant secondary metabolites and are commonly found in almost all plants. The phenolic components of most polyphenols (Green Tea Extract) have a common structural feature of an aromatic ring with at least one hydroxyl substituent. Three phenolics compounds important for humans are phenolic acids, flavonoids and polyphenols. Phenolic acid is divided into hydroxycinnamic and hydroxybenzoic acids. The polyphenols found in tea are more commonly known as flavanols or catechins like epicatechin, epicatechin-3-gallate, epigallocatechin, and epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), with the latter being the highest in concentration.
Tea polyphenols when used in an appropriate way and amount can be used to prevent skin related problems. The use of tea polyphenols show antioxidant, anti-ageing, anti-wrinkle, anti-acne, anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory and skin lightening properties which are beneficial for dermal tissue.
Human skin is constantly exposed to the UV irradiation present in sunlight which induces a number of pathobiological cellular changes. Tea polyphenol becomes one of the favorite ingredients for cosmetic preparations as although the effects may be small, they are significant and do meaningfully improve skin feel and appearance with continued use. Also the component are beneficial by being stable in production, storage, and use, be nontoxic to the consumer and have activity at the target site once applied. The development of novel defensive and beneficial strategies can be studied by molecular mechanism of UV-damage and plant phenolics effects for prevention of the unpleasant effects of UV radiation on the skin and improving skin penetration of this bioactive cosmetic by enhancing delivery into the skin.
Cosmetic benefits of Palmitoylated Green Tea Extract Powder:
- Anti-acne Properties: Acne vulgaris is the most common skin condition resulting from the effects of hormones. Androgens such as dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and testosterone, the adrenal precursor dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS), estrogens such as estradiol, and other hormones, including growth hormone and insulin-like growth factors (IGFs), could be important in acne. It is being studied whether hormones are taken by serum of sebaceous gland or produced locally within the gland or whether a combination of these processes is involved.
- Skin Lightening Properties: Natural skin lightening products containing tyrosinase blockers like phenols and polyphenols, and non-tyrosinase blockers like α- MSH, melanosome transferase and cytokine inhibitors. Gallic acid derivatives of hydroxyflavanols had been isolated from tea as they are identified as strong tyrosinase inhibitors. EGCG and hydroxyflavanols are not only tyrosinase inhibitors, but also decreased MITF (Microphthalmia-associated transcription factor) production in cells. Ellagic acids (EA) polyphenol found in tea wPalmitoylated Greenith Palmitoylated Greenstrong antioxidative properties and tyrosinase inhibition. Chelating copper at the active site of tyrosinase to reduce its activity and inhibition of proliferation of melanocytes and melanin synthesis results in skin lightening by EA. EA also show antioxidative and ROS-scavenging activities which contribute to its skin lightening effect.
- Anti-viral Properties: Microbial agents, viruses or bacteria attack skin and cause local inflammation. Inflammation can be due to internal elements such as autoimmune diseases that are associated with damage to the skin, resulting in skin lesions, rash, and altered appearance. Tea polyphenols have been recognized for prevention of infection by a range of viruses, such as adenovirus, Epstein-Barr virus and influenza virus
- Antioxidant Properties: EGCG is at least 100 times more effective than vitamin C and 25 times better than vitamin E at protecting cells and their genetic material DNA from damage, believed to be linked to cancer, heart disease and other fatal illness. EGCG carries twice the antioxidant potential of resveratrol. It induces inhibition of soyabean lipoxygenase, inhibits TPA and induces oxidative DNA base modification in HeLa cells. It also inhibits Cu2+ mediated oxidation of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and reduces tertiary butyl hydro peroxide which creates lipid peroxidation and blocks the production of reactive oxygen species derived from NADPH-cytochorme P450-mediated oxidation of the cooked meat carcinogen i.e 2-amino-3- methylimidazole (4-5-f) quinoline. Green tea water soluble therefore excessive amounts of antioxidants are excreted out by body. Antioxidant activity of EGCG helps tremendously to combat post exercise muscle soreness.
- Anti-ageing and anti-wrinkle properties: Tea polyphenols inhibit the activity of collagenase and increases collagen biosynthesis rate of human fibroblasts.
- Tea polyphenols inhibits biochemical markers of tumor initiation and promotion, including the rate of cell replication and thus inhibition of the growth and development of neoplasms. Tea polyphenols may serve to protect against skin.
Source: (Research Gate)
CAS NUM: 84650-60-2
INCI Name: Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract
Extraction Method: HPLC
Percentage Purity : 70%
Compatibility: Compatible with other skin lighteners.
pH Range: 3-6
Colour & Appearance: Light yellow to off White crystalline powder
Grade: Cosmetic Grade
Recommended Usage: 0.5-3%
Solubility: Soluble in oil at 22 to 70°C
Mixing Method: Add to the cool down phase of the formulation.
Melting Temperature: 22 – 24° C , Avoid heat above 75° C ,Tightly seal.
Application: Hand and face creams and gels, Body lotions, creams and gels, Eye and lip serums, After-sun moisturizers and sun tan lotions
Country of Origin: Italy
Certification: IS09001 quality System Certification
Packaging: Our powders are packed in water proof zip lock pouches avoid spillage.
Recommended Storage: Our powders should be stored in cool temperatures away from direct sunlight and moisture in an airtight container. (Current Lot will expire: 10-2025)
DISCLAIMER: All SOPHIX NATURAL PRODUCTS are for external use only unless otherwise STATED. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.