Snail Extract Filtrate (Liquid) is an excretion from the snail. It can often be referred to as snail slime and may be labeled as snail secretion filtrate on ingredient lists, it’s made up of properties like glycoproteins, hyaluronic acid and glycolic acid, all of which have long-documented benefits for the skin. snail mucin for skin care originated with the Chileans. In the 1980’s Chileans snail breeders found their hands to be very soft after handling the snails, leading to the Chilean snail cream. So snail slime is the secretion of Cornu Aspersum, the garden snail.
snail mucopolysaccharide, commonly called burr, is a secretion produced by glands located at the snail’s foot. snail slime is a complex mixture of proteoglycans, glycosaminoglycans, glycoprotein enzymes, hyaluronic acid, copper peptides, antimicrobial peptides and trace elements including copper, zinc, and iron.
Extraction, or deburring, of this material from the animal is carried out under conditions of adequate temperature and humidity, without the addition of salt or other chemical substances. Deburring occurs manually using food-grade containers and a stainless-steel device operated by hand that simulates stimulation. This manipulation does not affect the animal’s quality of life, thus achieving an optimal result both for the production yield of burrs per unit in kg of treated snails and, due to the absence of damage and stress, and ensuring most survive.
The collected snail slime passes through various stages of filtration, initially to remove residues and to clean it. It then is passed through pharmaceutical-grade filters to completely remove bacteria before it is subjected to microbiology control both before and after the addition of preservative. After due diligence checks, the burr is stabilized using a natural and Ecocert-approved preservative.
Components of Snail Extract Filtrate (Liquid):
- Allantoin -stimulates skin regeneration. Healing, anti-irritation and smoothing actions;
- Proteins -skin nutrition, smoother. Improve skin texture and luminosit
- Vitamins A,C and E – stimulate collagen synthesis and skin renewal;
- Alpha-Hydroxy-Acids -exfoliating action. Help at the renewal of old and dead cells;
- Mucopolysaccharides – provide hydration and protects the skin from external aggressions;
- Proteolitic enzymes -help at protease/anti-protease balance;
- Collagen and Elastin -foundnaturally.
- hyaluronic acid in the mucin, has moisturizing properties that support the skin barrier and help lock in moisture.
- Glycolic acid helps to stimulate collagen production that not only helps diminish fine lines and wrinkles, but it also helps to give your complexion a radiant, youthful glow.
- Snail slime contains zinc which is anti-inflammatory
Cosmetic Benefits of Snail Extract Filtrate:
- Removes old and dead cells with exfoliating action
- Exhibits healing and emollient properties for skin
- Removal of sunspots
- Removal and prevention of acne
- Protection from UV light and free radicals
- Aiding repair of damaged skin
- Increase moisture retention
- Promotes new skin synthesis
- Helps to prevent from certain strains of bacteria
- Promotes the synthesis of fibroblast fibers: Collagen and Elastin.
- Used in wound healing to reduce small scars and improve the repair of damaged tissue
CAS NUM: 7732-18-5; Not available; 122-99-6; 107-88-0
INCI Name: Snail Secretion Filtrate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol
Preservative: Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol(0.4%)
Colour & Appearance: clear liquid
Stable in pH range: 5-8
Mixing/Storage temperature: Final temperature of the cosmetics must be below 40°C If you want to keep long-term Store in refrigerator 6-8 degrees, at least 24 months old
Grade: Cosmetic grade
Recommended Usage: 2-5%
Application: creams, masks, lotions. It can be used to treat dry skin, wrinkles and stretch marks, acne and rosacea, age spots, burns, scars, razor bumps and even flat warts.
Mixing Method: mix in the final stage of formulation
Temperature Resistance: The temperature of the cosmetics must be below 40. °C
Country of Origin: USA
Packaging: Our water/Oil based ingredients are bottled in plastics avoid spillage.
Recommended Storage: Our water/Liquid based ingredients should be stored in cool temperatures away from direct sunlight and moisture in an airtight container. (Current Lot will expire: 03-2025)
DISCLAIMER: All SOPHIX NATURAL PRODUCTS are for external use only unless otherwise STATED. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.