The Newly improved Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Oil is a lipophilic derivative of ascorbic acid that is oil-soluble and more stable than other forms of vitamin C. it is made by combining ascorbic acid with a fatty acid known as palmitic acid. It’s also known as ascorbyl-6 palmitate, and it is effective up to a pH of 6.
The palmitate portion of this ingredient lends it hydrating properties many other forms of vitamin C do not have. Ascorbyl palmitate is considered a stable form of vitamin C, research has shown other forms possess greater stability and skin can more freely convert those forms to ascorbic acid. However, a comparative study showed that ascorbyl palmitate maintains adequate stability in different types of emulsions when it is encapsulated.
Properties of Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Oil:
- Made by combining ascorbic acid with palmitic acid
- Absorbed better than other types of Vitamin C
- Reduce the damage of DNA which is destroyed by UV light.
- Good heat resistance high stability (in the formulation process can be heated for a short time)
- Potent antioxidant, can combat the free radicals
- More stable than the water soluble form of vitamin C, ascorbic acid
Cosmetic Benefits of Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate:
- Has excellent skin Whitening to brighten the skin from a concentration of 2% or more
- Stimulates the synthesis of collagen in the skin according to natural processes
- Can improve appearance of aged and fragile skin.
- Helps to protect skin cells and the extracellular matrix
- Inhibitis tyrosinase activity and melanin production
- Stimulates the collagen synthesis
- May reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Can promote cell regeneration
- May reduce redness and hyperpigmentation
- Can improve elasticity and general appearance of skin
- its lipophilic character enhances the penetration into the skin
- Elongates the efficacy and stability of the antioxidant system in the formulation
CAS NUM: 137-66-6
INCI Name: Ascorbyl Palmitate
Colour & Appearance: Clear oil – light yellow
Stable in pH range: 3-6
Mixing/Storage temperature: Final temperature of the cosmetics must be below 40°C. Disodium EDTA should always be included in the 0.2% formulation if water is the ingredient in the formula. To help capture the charge that may destroy the quality of Vitamin C.
Grade: Cosmetic grade
Recommended Usage: 0.5-3%, can be used up to 10%
Compatibility: Compatible with other skin lighteners.
Solubility: Soluble in Ethanol, hydrocarbons, esters and vegetable oils. It is insoluble in glycerin and butylene glycol.
Application: Creams, serums, masks, anti-aging products, suncare and after-sun formulations, skin lightening products, hyperpigmentation and age spots treatments, hand creams, makeup products, anhydrous formulations.
Mixing Method: Should be added into the oil phase of formulations at temperatures below 40°C
Temperature Resistance: The temperature of the cosmetics must be below 40. °C
Country of Origin: Korea
Packaging: Our water/Oil based ingredients are bottled in plastics avoid spillage.
Precaution: Don’t Use with Vitamin B3, Zinc PCA
Recommended Storage: Our water/Liquid based ingredients should be stored in cool temperatures away from direct sunlight and moisture in an airtight container. (Current Lot will expire: 08-2025)
DISCLAIMER: All SOPHIX NATURAL PRODUCTS are for external use only unless otherwise STATED. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.