Willow Bark Extract Powder (or nature’s aspirin) is derived from various willow bark trees, including white, black, and purple. The ingredient is a natural salicin source, which is where the powerful acne-fighting ingredient that you’re likely more familiar with, saocylic acid, comes from. Petrillo explains that, because of the salicin, willow bark extract has potent antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties (which improves the appearance of pores and fine lines, Levin adds).
Not only does it have a rich supply of salicin, but as the skin experts point out, willow bark extract also has high concentrations of tannins, flavonoids, phenolic acids, and other minerals that help calm the skin and aid in cell regeneration.
Beauty Benefits of White Willow Bark Extract Powder:
- Gently exfoliates: willow bark extract can provide a gentle exfoliation to reveal more radiant, healthy-looking skin.
- Calms redness: Because of salicin’s anti-inflammatory properties, it can also help alleviate redness and irritation.
- Refines pores: As mentioned, willow bark extract is rich in tannins, which are natural astringents. this helps to keep the skin tight and makes the pores appear smaller.
- Reduces oiliness: the tannins can also reduce oiliness, reducing acne breakouts. This explains why it’s a prevalent ingredient in toners.
- Reduces signs of aging: Thanks to the polyphenols and flavonoids (powerful antioxidants) that help our skin fight against free radical damage, the ingredient can also reduce signs of aging and eliminate wrinkles.
- Locks in moisturize: The antioxidants also retain moisture, which allows the skin to stay healthy and hydrated. “Together, these powerful ingredients can help alleviate certain skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis and rosacea.
CAS NUM: 138-52-3
INCI Name: Salix alba L. (white willow bark) extract.
pH (3% solution in H2O): 4.0 – 6.0
Colour & Appearance: White to Off-White,
Grade: Cosmetic Grade
Recommended Usage: 1-10%
Application: cleansers, moisturizers, toners, masks, and more.
Mixing Method: Add to water phase
Country of Origin: india
Packaging: Our powders are packed in water proof zip lock pouches avoid spillage.
Recommended Storage: Our powders should be stored in cool temperatures away from direct sunlight and moisture in an airtight container. (Current Lot will expire: 05-2025)
DISCLAIMER: All SOPHIX NATURAL PRODUCTS are for external use only unless otherwise STATED. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.