Astaxanthin oil is a red-pigment carotenoid occurring naturally in a wide variety of living organisms and classified as a xanthophyll. It has a chemical structure similar to that of the familiar carotenoid β-carotene.It is commonly found in crustaceans (e.g.shrimps, crawfish, crabs and lobster) and produced by microalgae. Astaxanthin 10% Oil is often called the “King of Carotenoids” because it is 10 to 100 times more powerful than other carotenoids like beta-carotene and lycopene
Astaxanthin oil is the strongest known antioxidant, ie. it helps eliminate free radicals. It has significant anti-inflammatory effects(even on the silent Inflammation). Most problems in the body are caused by oxidative stress (free radicals) or chronic inflammation. Astaxanthin belongs to the carotenoid group.
Why is Astaxanthin oil the most effective anti-oxidant?
The antioxidant effects of Astaxanthin are remarkable. Its effectiveness is due to the shape and length of its molecule and its solubility in water and fats. The molecule permeates the cell walls (and may act also in the brain and eyes). Unlike many potent antioxidants (vitamin E, β-Carotene, Zeaxanthin), which can under certain circumstances become pro-oxidants, Astaxanthin does not change to pro-oxidant. It is worth mentioning that Astaxanthin can handle several (up to 19) free radicals at once (most other antioxidants only 1). These properties distinguish Astaxanthin from most antioxidants.
Antioxidant effects of Astaxanthin:
- 500x stronger than Vitamin E
- 560x stronger than the catechins in green tea
- 800x stronger than the Coenzyme Q10
- 3000x stronger than Resveratrol
- 6000x stronger than Vitamin C
Cosmetic Benefits of Astaxanthin Oil:
- Works with other antioxidants to boost their potency
- Helps to reduce moisture loss and keep skin fresh and healthy promoting a smooth complexion
- Breaks down collagen to increase skin elasticity and plump skin
- Works against age spots and wrinkles
- Boosts cell renewal working towards anti-aging
- Absorbs specific ultra-violet rays to combat free radicals towards skin cancer formation
- Helps your body to support and protect against photo aging and sun induced damage
- Acts as an inflammation pathway and balances our system
- Has a mechanism of sunscreen
CAS NUM: 472-61-7
INCI Name: Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract (and) Astaxanthin
Specification: 10% Astaxanthin
Part Used: Haematococcus Algae
Extraction Method: Solvent Extraction
Colour & Appearance: Dark red oily viscous liquid
Stable in pH range: 4-7.2
Preservative: Preservative free and free of impurities
Grade: Cosmetic grade
Recommended Usage: 0.1-1% up to 3%
Application: Anti-ageing creams, lotions and serums.
Mixing Method: Add into cool down oil phase.
Temperature Resistance: Protect from direct light and humidity at a temperature of 40 to 80 °C
Country of Origin: USA
Certification: ISO, FDA, HACCP
Precaution: our Astaxanthin oil needs to be diluted as it is very concentrated and sold in its original form from manufacturer . Our Astaxanthin oil is heat sensitive, Bottle Products in Amber Bottles.
Packaging: Our water/Oil based ingredients are bottled in plastics avoid spillage.
Recommended Storage: Our water/Liquid based ingredients should be stored in cool temperatures away from direct sunlight and moisture in an airtight container. (Current Lot will expire: 10-2025)
DISCLAIMER: All SOPHIX NATURAL PRODUCTS are for external use only unless otherwise STATED. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.