Allantoin Powder is a synthetic, free-flowing hygroscopic powder widely used in cosmetic, dermatological and pharmaceutical formulations for its soothing and anti-irritating properties. Allantoin has a moisturizing and keratolytic effect, increasing the water content of the extracellular matrix and enhancing the desquamation of upper layers of dead skin cells, increasing the smoothness of the skin; promoting cell proliferation and wound healing; and a soothing, anti-irritant, and skin protectant effect by forming complexes with irritants and sensitizing agents. Allantoin stimulates healthy, normal tissue formation even at low concentrations.
Cosmetic benefits of Allantoin Powder:
- Allantoin is used in cosmetic products as an ideal addition to anti-aging products to help to minimize the appearance aging and skin damage.
- In addition to its moisturizing properties, allantoin is an effective anti-irritant, protecting the skin
- Allantoin promotes wound healing, speeds up cell regeneration, and has a keratolytic effect.
- Allantoin increases the desirability of cosmetic creams and lotions by its action as a skin protectant
- Allantoin can also keep the moisture of skin, make rough and cracked skin become smooth and supple thus it is widely used in the cosmetic industry
CAS NUM: 97-59-6
INCI Name: Allantoin
Extraction Method: Solvent Extraction.
Percentage Purity : 99%
Compatibility: compatible with most ingredients used in personal care formulations
pH Range: 4-8
Colour & Appearance: White crystalline powder
Grade: Cosmetic Grade
Recommended Usage: 0.1 – 2.0%
Solubility: Soluble in water
Mixing Method: Add to cool down Phase. Good agitation is required to thoroughly disperse the Allantoin to achieve a suitable suspension. Addition of Allantoin at 0.5% or more or at temperatures above 50°C (122°F) in aqueous systems can cause solubilization and recrystallization upon cooling into larger particles which are perceptible during product use.
Melting Temperature:, Avoid heat above 50°C (122°F)
Application: Gel, serum, lotion or cream or scalp care products such as shampoo, conditioner, hair mask, and can be used in any type of makeup powder
Country of Origin: India
Packaging: Our powders are packed in water proof zip lock pouches avoid spillage.
Recommended Storage: Our powders should be stored in cool temperatures away from direct sunlight and moisture in an airtight container. (Current Lot will expire: 10-2025)
DISCLAIMER: All SOPHIX NATURAL PRODUCTS are for external use only unless otherwise STATED. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.