Vanilla Essential Oil
Vanilla is produced from Vanilla planifolia, an orchid that grows long bean pods. The process of obtaining Vanilla is extensive, as it can take up to four years for the vine to mature. The vine produces orchid blossoms that bloom for only 24 hours and must be pollinated by hand within 8−12 hours for the bean pod to grow. The entire process—growing, pollinating, drying, curing, and preparing for export—takes about one year.
Vanilla Essential Oil is a traditional flavoring agent procured from the cured beans of the genus Vanilla. The essential oil of vanilla is extracted by the solvent extraction of a substance obtained from fermented vanilla beans. These beans come from vanilla plants, a creeper that grows mainly in Mexico and neighboring countries, and bears the scientific name Vanilla Planifolia. Most of the flavors including vanilla are not derived from proper vanilla.
Benefits of Vanilla Essential Oil:
- Has a warm, rich, slightly sweet aroma
- Can be diffused or applied topically to create a warm and tranquil environment
- Can be applied directly to the skin or added to your favorite hair and body care products
- Blends beautifully with essential oils and carrier oils for diffusion and topical application
Uses of Vanilla Essential Oil:
- Add it to your bath and body products for a sweet, comforting aromatic experience.
- Blend or layer it with your favorite oils to create a personalized aroma.
- Diffuse Vanilla with Bergamot and Lemon to create a spa-like ambience at home.
- Apply it to your neck or wrists to create a soft, sweet personal fragrance
CAS NUM: 8047-24-3
INCI Name : vanila planifolia
Part of Plant Used: Vanilla bean pods
Scent: sweet, warm, complex and comforting
Colour & Appearance: from brown to dark brown
Grade: Cosmetic grade
Recommended Usage: 0.1- 1%, up to 3%
Solubility: Oil and Alcohol
Applications: Soaps, Bodywash, Body butters, Gels, Lotions, Creams, Scrubs, Body mist and Sprays, Bath salts, bath or massage oils etc.
Complementary Oils: Vanilla Essential Oil blends well with essential oils of Lemon, Orange oil, Jojoba, Neroli, Lavender, Chamomile and Sandalwood Oil.
Country of Origin: Brazil
Precaution: Don’t Apply directly to the skin.
Packaging: Our essential oils are packaged in airtight Bottles and Canister to avoid spillage.
Recommended Storage: Our essential oils should be stored in cool temperatures away from direct sunlight and moisture in an airtight container. This Oil has a shelf life of 3-5 Years when stored properly. Expires November 2025
DISCLAIMER: All SOPHIX NATURAL PRODUCTS are for external use only unless otherwise STATED. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease