Chasteberry Powder Vitex Extract also known as Vitex agnus-castus, is the fruit of the chaste tree, which is native to western Asia and southwestern Europe
Chasteberry is a known medicinal wonder of nature extracted from a shrub tree called the chastetree. These trees are known to grow in sub-tropical regions. Because these trees adhere to the lavish sun life, they can be found in regions where it’s a bit sunny. You can find some of them in Asia and the Southeastern parts of the United States of America.
Chasteberry Powder Vitex Extract is a household name for reproductive health. Women who suffer from debilitating symptoms of menstrual periods and menopause turn to chasteberry for help. Some of the reproductive disorders are due to hormonal imbalance. Chasteberry works through its influence in hormonal activities. Chasteberries mellow out the hormonal imbalance, which helps a lot in combating reproductive health disorders.
Unfortunately, hormonal imbalance causes acne flare-ups. Acne that is found in chins and below the jawline is usually caused by hormonal imbalance. There are instances that hormonal imbalance adds up to the flare-ups caused by bacteria and the overproduction of sebum. These pimples are not cutie pie in size, and they are humungous and painful.
Chasteberries might help diminish acne through its influence over your hormones. Although this is yet to be proven by science, it makes so much sense if you think about it. Plus, anecdotes have been recorded about its effect on skin health. These anecdotes include skin clear ups, glowing skin, controlled oil production, and more. Before delving into its magical skin prowess, let’s get to know a little more about Chasteberry.
Components of Chasteberry (Vitex) powder:
- Flavonoids (casticin, kaempferol, orientin, quercetagetin, and isovitexin): These are plant pigments that are naturally found in a variety of nuts, fruits, and vegetables. These chemicals have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-viral properties.
- Essential oils (limonene, cineol, pinene, and sabinene): These are the naturally occurring chemicals that give the chasteberry (and other fruits) its odor and flavor. Blends of essential oils are frequently used in aromatherapy for their potential effects in decreasing heart rate and blood pressure
- Anti-inflammatory compounds (iridoid glycoside): These compounds have been reported to have similar effectiveness in treating inflammation as NSAIDs with far fewer side effects .
In herbal medicine today, vitex is frequently used in treatment of the following issues:
- Infertility in women
- Heavy menstrual periods
- Menopausal symptoms
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Joint conditions
- Vitex agnus-castus seems to affect many hormones that regulate women’s reproductive cycles, vitex is said to increase production of breast milk.
CAS NUM: 91722-47-3
INCI Name: Vitex Agnus-Castus Fruit Extract
Recommended Usage: 1-10%
Applications: Medicinal, Skin Care, and Cosmetics
Country of Origin: Asia
Packaging: Our Powders/seeds are packaged in airtight Ziplock Bags to avoid spillage.
Recommended Storage: This Seeds or Powder should be stored in cool temperatures away from direct sunlight and moisture in an airtight container. This Powder has a shelf life of 2 Years when stored properly. Expires December 2024
DISCLAIMER: All SOPHIX NATURAL PRODUCTS are for external use only unless otherwise STATED. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.