Menthol Crystals are an isolate component of Pure Peppermint Oil. The Crystals are clear White which are solid at room temperature and have a very pungent Minty Fresh odour which will take your breath away. Menthol Crystals are renowned for their ‘cooling effect’ in skincare products. It is well known that Menthol has the ability to chemically trigger the cold-sensitive receptors in the skin, hence the ‘chill effect’ on application. When Menthol is used in flavour applications it provides a cooling sensation especially in oral-care products.
Menthol Crystals Benefits:
- Menthol is a common ingredient in lip balms, lotions and ointments, as well as arthritis, and pain products. It creates a cooling sensation that soothes muscle spasms and cramps.
- Menthol can be used as an expectorant and is often used to treat the flue, colds and bronchitis. It’s often the main ingredient in cough drops and chest rubs because it may help loosen mucus that causes congestion
- Menthol creates a cooling sensation by triggering skin receptors that detect the sensation of coolness. (Capsaicin is on the other end of this spectrum. Found in hot chili peppers, it triggers a sensation of extreme heat.)
- It is a natural pesticide and is especially useful in honey bee hives, where it deters harmful mites.
- Air fresheners using menthol crystals are naturally fragrant and non-toxic.
- Menthol acts as soothing aromatherapy, relieving stress and anxiety.
- For tension headaches, combine a non-toxic essential oil with menthol and apply to the temples before bedtime (avoid the eye area).
CAS NUM: 2216-51-5
INCI Name: Menthol Crystal
Specification : 100%
Colour & Appearance: White crystals
Grade: Cosmetic Grade
Recommended Usage: 0.2-2%
Solubility: Menthol Crystals are soluble in both Oils and Alcohol
Application: Menthol Crystals can be melted and added to your Cream, Lotion, or Cosmetic Base.
Meltin temperature: 41-44°C
Country of Origin: india
Packaging: Our powders are packed in water proof zip lock pouches avoid spillage.
Recommended Storage: Our powders should be stored in cool temperatures away from direct sunlight and moisture in an airtight container. (Current Lot will expire: 05-2025)
DISCLAIMER: All SOPHIX NATURAL PRODUCTS are for external use only unless otherwise STATED. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.