Papaya Liquid Extract is produced from the fruits of Carica papaya. The 3 proteases in papaya latex (papain, chymopapain and papaya-proteinase III) have proteolytic activity. The ability to hydrolyze protein fibers is useful for cosmetic products aimed at weakening body and facial hair. Degradation of the keratin in the hair follicle reduces hair shaft diameter and consequently facilitates hair removal. Thus, papaya extract is useful to formulate cosmetic depilation products.
Due to its keratolytic action, papain degrades dead cells in the outermost skin layer, thus improving skin health, hygiene and brightness. Topical chymopapain and papain are efficiently used to treat children’s burns and recurrent plantar ulcers in leprosy patients, because they prevent infection and accelerate wound healing. Papaya-Extract is recommendable to formulate cosmetic products with the following activities: depilatory, anti-aging, skin cleansing purifying, antiseptic, moisturizing, conditioner and exfoliating.
Beauty Benefits of Papaya Liquid Extract:
- The antioxidants contained in the papaya fruit extract ward off free radicals and can thus actively combat skin ageing. The result is firmer skin and minimized wrinkles.
- Papaya Extract contains papain contained which has excellent properties. It is said to make stressed skin appear smoother again. The slightly anti-oxidative effect can be used in anti-age care for mature skin. It can make it appear more elastic and firmer. Papaya extract can also be a small miracle weapon for sunburn or for skin stressed by scars, as it has wound-healing and regenerating properties.
- papaya is loaded with vitamins and nutrients that make it great for the skin, hair and body. Such nutrients include vitamins A and C, which are highly concentrated and helpful in building collagen. because of this, papaya extract is known for its ability to fight signs of aging and create smooth, supple skin.Vitamin A is also necessary for cellular growth, which is vital for skin and hair health.
- papaya is home to free radical-fighting flavonoidsthat protect against cellular aging. Thanks to this and so many of its other nutrients, papayas can rejuvenate and hydrate the skin while also naturally exfoliating dead skin cells.
- Want your hair to grow faster? Thanks to its rich folic acid content, papaya can help with that, too! It stimulates scalp circulation, which in turn, encourages hair growth.Its vitamin A content also works to boost sebum production, providing an effect way to hydrate hair without the use of harsh chemicals.
- Perhaps papaya extract’s most interesting use lies in the realm of phytotherapy – aka the study and use of natural, plant-based extracts as medicine. papaya is extremely effective in wound healing, which is probably thanks to its powerful enzyme, papain.
CAS NUM: 84012-30-6
INCI Name: Glycerin, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Aqua
Preservative: Benzylalcohol, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate
Standardization: 20% Papaya Extract
Colour & Appearance: Light Amber Non Viscous Liquid
Stable in pH range: 4-5
Grade: Cosmetic grade
Recommended Usage 1- 10%
Solubility: Water Soluble
Application: conditioning shampoos, rinse off/leave on conditioners, deep conditioning/moisturising treatments, styling products, moisturising skin creams, lotions, sun care, male grooming – treatments, deodrants, color cosmetics
Mixing Method: Add to cool down (water-phase)
Temperature Resistance: Store refrigerated (4-8oC / 39-46oF)
Country of Origin: USA
Packaging: Our water/Oil based ingredients are bottled in plastics avoid spillage.
Recommended Storage: Our water/Liquid based ingredients should be stored in cool temperatures away from direct sunlight and moisture in an airtight container. (Current Lot will expire: 04-2025)
DISCLAIMER: All SOPHIX NATURAL PRODUCTS are for external use only unless otherwise STATED. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.