Shea nut Carrier Oil is obtained from the nuts of the Karite tree and produced by lightly heating shea nut butter to separate the fractionated and non-fractionated makeup of the material. The fractionated material is then fully refined, resulting in a transparent oil with a pale yellow appearance.
Shea nut oil is an ideal ingredient used throughout the cosmetic industry in the manufacturing of skin creams, lotions, and makeup. Its physical properties allow it to easily absorb into the skin promoting skin elasticity; and will not leave an oily or greasy residue typical of many oils. Shea nut oil is a great natural emollient and can be used to treat dry skin and hair. It is used by a lot of companies in the production of baby care products. It contains a high level of vitamins A, E, F and oleic fatty acid. Shea nut oil may help with skin irritations and is especially favorable for massage therapists in hot oil treatments.
Difference between shea nut oil and shea butter
Shea oil remains liquid at 20˚C. Here are some results if you compare the fatty acids of shea nut oil and shea butter:
5% palmitic acid – shea butter has 4%
27% stearic acid – shea butter has 42%
57% oleic acid – shea butter has 45%
9% linoleic acid – shea butter has 6%
Skin and hair Benefits of shea nut Oil are:
- Contribute to the skin’s suppleness and moisture levels.
- Exhibit antioxidant properties, helping to fend off the impact of free radicals.
- Reduce the appearance of aging, such as age spots, premature wrinkles, and fine lines.
- Relieve symptoms of dry skin, redness, or irritation.
- Shea nut oil is rich in Vitamin E
- Shea nut oil is rich in fatty acids and minerals that Prevents dry hair and skin
- Shea nut oil It is a great conditioner
- Shea nut oil will strengthen your hair to improve hair growth
- It contains antifungal and antibacterial properties
- Shea nut oil gives the hair freshness, brilliance and luster
- You can massage your scalp with shea nut oil to increase blood circulation
CAS NUM: 91080-23-8
INCI NAME : Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Oil
Processing method: Cold Pressed
Recommended Usage: 1-100%
Comedogenic Rating: 0
Appearance: Pale yellow with a nutty smell, Liquid at room Temperature.
Country of Origin: Nigeria
Application: skin creams, lotions and make-up.
Packaging: Our Oils are packaged in airtight plastic containers (Bottles) to avoid spillage
Recommended Storage: This Oil should be stored in cool temperatures away from direct sunlight and moisture in an airtight container. This oil has a shelf life of 2 Years when stored properly. Expires May 2026.
DISCLAIMER: All SOPHIX NATURAL PRODUCTS are for external use only unless otherwise STATED. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.